– 1st of october, thursday – In the evening, I went to a training of the trampolining society for the first time and I enjoyed it a lot. I’ve always wanted to do trampolining as a sport, but around where I live it was never possible. Perfect moment to try during my Erasmus semester!
– 2nd of october, friday – We had one of our family dinners in the evening and afterwards we went to the international party at the student’s union. I’m still amazed by the fact that they had two club-like rooms down there in the university building. Unfortunately I was getting this fresher’s flue that everybody was talking about and I didn’t feel good at all. I didn’t drink because of this and I left relatively early. Happy to see my bed! Read more »
– progress of month no. 11 – I have to say, this month there has been very little progress when it comes to the Day Zero Project. I actually did quite some nice summer activities and enjoyed the weather, while at the same time trying not to melt, but apparently I didn’t do many things from my list. Read more »
I had so much fun making my ESC-diaries in retrospect about my volunteering experience in Austria, that I thought it would be cool to take a trip down memory lane and do the same for my Erasmus exchange semester in Sheffield, UK. I won’t make a whole post explaining the process, as I’m afraid some things might have changed in the past years, but I will give you a little bit of context before going into the diary itself.
I was doing a bachelor in Communication and Information Sciences at the University of Groningen. I went on my Erasmus exchange during the first semester of my third year, which for us was a semester that you could fill with something of your choice (subjects from other faculties/internships/study abroad) as long as you had 30 ECTS at the end of the semester. During my second year, I could apply for three universities and I got my first choice: the University of Sheffield in the UK! Read more »
– progress of month no. 10 – Month number ten of the Day Zero Project wasn’t a very successful one – I didn’t do that many things of the list. Here’s an update anyway!
54. Learn to make a veggie burger I managed to make a great cauliflower burger: mashed cauliflower with egg, cheese, spices and flower in the oven for about twenty minutes. I was pleasantly surprised, because normally I don’t even like cauliflower that much. Read more »
– progress of month no. 9 – I don’t know if it’s because I had holidays at the beginning of May and therefore more time, or if it’s simply a coincidence, but I did quite a lot of the things from my list of goals for the Day Zero Project. Here we go!
40. Make iron on patches from scratch Let’s start with a very cool one: I made an iron on patch! Kind of at least, because I glued it on the jean jacket with fabric glue, but it does look like an iron on patch. My first try at embroidery, making a little Lumpur for my jacket.