– progress of month no. 10 – Month number ten of the Day Zero Project wasn’t a very successful one – I didn’t do that many things of the list. Here’s an update anyway!
54. Learn to make a veggie burger I managed to make a great cauliflower burger: mashed cauliflower with egg, cheese, spices and flower in the oven for about twenty minutes. I was pleasantly surprised, because normally I don’t even like cauliflower that much. Read more »
– progress of month no. 9 – I don’t know if it’s because I had holidays at the beginning of May and therefore more time, or if it’s simply a coincidence, but I did quite a lot of the things from my list of goals for the Day Zero Project. Here we go!
40. Make iron on patches from scratch Let’s start with a very cool one: I made an iron on patch! Kind of at least, because I glued it on the jean jacket with fabric glue, but it does look like an iron on patch. My first try at embroidery, making a little Lumpur for my jacket.
– progress of month no. 8 – Another month mainly spent indoors. Even though many of the things from the list aren’t possible at the moment, there are still plenty – mainly the creative ones – that are totally possible. Here’s the update of month number eight!
27. Read books for fun [4/25] Unbelievable, but this month I finished reading two books. After a year into the 1Q84 trilogy by Haruki Murakami, I finally finished reading the third part this morning. The book was too heavy to carry somewhere, so every time I took a book in my backpack, I took a break from the trilogy. I love books by Murakami, so it’s probably no surprise that I’m enthusiastic about the trilogy. The story is fascinating and surreal and I admire the creativity it takes to write a story like that. Then, on a sunny afternoon on the balcony, I finished Hippie by Paulo Coelho. Also a very interesting read, although it didn’t end the way I was hoping for. Read more »
– progress of month no. 7 – You might think that staying at home isn’t good for the day zero project and while it is true that some goals become temporarily not achievable, there’s more time for working on other goals. Check out my whole list of goals here; there are plenty that can be done indoors!
28. Add three songs to the 3/month-playlist every month [7/33] I embedded the playlist above with my three songs of March. When I heard the first song for the first time, which is in Swiss German, I missed Austria a lot. Even though there’s a difference between the dialect of Vorarlberg and Swiss, it brought back many memories. Read more »
– progress of month no. 6 – Can we start by acknowledging that the GIFs above are very cool? I figured out how to loop them in blog posts not too long ago and it might be a new thing, just wanted to warn you. But we’re not here to talk about GIFs, we’re here to talk about the Day Zero Project and its progress. Again, I didn’t actively try to achieve any of the things on the list, which kind of sucks. Can we blame it on winter and meh weather and more of these things? Thanks.
80. Visit a cat cafe One thing that I can actually check of the list: visit the cat cafe! Not even on my own initiative, but on my boyfriend’s, because he took me there for my birthday. In case you’re wondering, that’s not the ‘very mean’ part; the ‘very mean’ part is that all cats had to remain in the cafe. I wanted to take one. (Or two.) Read more »
Blog by Linda
Blog by Linda is the creative space of a Dutch girl who moved to Spain and tries to figure out her new life here. Thoughts and adventures from the perspective of a true #couchpotato.